St Marys is a town in southwestern Ontario, located on the Thames River. The first settlers arrived in the early 1840’s, attracted by the area's natural resources. The town is also known by its nickname, "The Stone Town", due to its many structures rendered in local limestone. Small town commercial district. Period homes and period churches. Stone public library. Water tower and bridge near train station with railway tracks. River, bridge, and park area. Creek, quarry swimming area, boardwalks.