St. Raphael's Ruins (L19830)

  • Available
  • Last Verified: Jan-28, 2022
Address 19998 County Rd 18
Williamstown ON K0C 2J0
Region / Municipality Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry / South Glengarry
Distance From Toronto 450 km, Map | Street
Location Description The original church was built in 1915 and functioned as the administrative centre of the Catholic Church in Upper Canada. It was gutted by fire in August 1970, but fortunately the outer walls were spared and today its impressive scale and fine masonry work continue to attract tourists to the site. The Ruins were declared a National Historic Site in 1999, and are presently used for concerts, weddings, professional photography, filming and other events. The gates are open during the day in the summer months with a curator on duty in July and August.
Location Notes
No location notes

Send Us An Update


This location has 1 portfolio(s). Please select from below:
Portfolio options
Portfolio Notes:
Added: Jan-27, 2022
30 image(s)
    Added: Jan-27, 2022
    30 image(s)