Constructed in 1906, the 7 span steel and wood railway bridge crosses the Maitland River near its entry to Lake Huron. Designated historical in 1993, the former CPR rail bridge has 7 spans each measuring 104 feet in length and 12 feet in width creating a total length of 750 feet. The bridge is held up by 2 abutments and 6 concrete piers which rise 60 metres from the Maitland River. Currently in use as a pedestrian bridge as part of the Maitland Trail. The bridge has viewing platforms with great view of harbour, trail and river.