Designed by Architect Robert Gage, construction of this manor took three years and completed in 1877. At that time, the Woodview Villa (as it was known then) has a lavish stone wall surrounding it, as well as ornate wrought iron fencing. After the death of the owner in 1902, the residence was sold and remained a private home until 1946 when it was taken over by new owners who began to run it as an inn. In the early 1950s the building underwent an expansion, adding the new Garden Suites. It has existed as The Woodview Inn since it came under current management in 2014.
Currently, accommodations in the main house are on the second floor, at the top of the grand Victorian staircase. The suites all have different decor, some with four poster beds and crystal chandeliers, others have bed frames cast in wrought iron and ornate marble fireplaces. Many windows overlook the back gardens and patio of the Inn. There is also a set of five units located outside the main house - these are the Garden Suites. They were renovated in 2016 with new floors and showers, and exude urban cottage charm. They are only two steps up from ground level, and overlook the front gardens.